Saturday, January 3, 2009

Bim Bam Thank you mam

Lamenting of the past is something everyone does around the new year. It's easy to remember the bad and the good seems to get lost in the quagmire...but not with me...I'm a glass half full gal and thanks to this blog have been able to vent most of the crap out. If you're remember all the high gas,bad debt in housing,war, dry weather and down right pestilence that was 08, I have a word of advice.............
GET OVER IT...TURN YOUR FROWN UP-SIDE-DOWN AND GET READY CAUSE IT'S GONNA BE FINE ALL OF O NINE. Paint Bank is planning a great year for you...the food is gonna be even better(if that's possible) but the fun is moving to new heights. Opening early spring (just in time for Vern's arrival) is the beautiful revised Artisan's work shop...offering area artists making, displaying and offering their "lost art" art, beautifully venue d at Tingler's Mill on Potts Creek. We'll offer Mill tours and history of Paint Bank "back in the day". The "backyard" will be full of games for young and old alike. We'll sprinkle that with "ole time" bluegrass from time to time....new cruiser bicycles for fun family and picnic rides up the holler...picnic and binoculars for a trip to the mountain top birding tower...lot's a great new shopping and I can't tell you about the rest. Watch for a new calendar on line that will post the events for the month. Take exit #141 off I-81 for that Currier and Ives Drive down Hwy #311 to "good food heaven". While you're there...walk across the street to The Depot Lodge and say Hey...I'll say Hey back at 'cha...you'll know me I'm the little woman with the big grin holding up a picture of my new great-grandson Caleb Daniel (life size photos autographed and
numbered for posterity.
to Paint Bank