Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Whats Old is New Again

Now I know I'm not gonna make any friends with this statement....but don't you think it 's about time we had a slow-down, recession, downturn...2 step-back lookie-loo to evaluate just exactly what we're doing. Do you really need all that you have or do you just WANT it. My Daddy(God rest his soul) never had less than 3/4's of a tank of gas. I mean, when the sucker dropped below 3/4 on the gas gauge...it was on...frantic searching from our house to wherever we were scheduled to go for a gas station(of course one that had clean rest rooms...a thing of the past I might add) I mean he panicked...got
breathless...a flop-sweat, dry-mouth hysteria that wasn't pleasant to be around, as a matter of fact, that may be the crutch of all my emotional problems...Whatever, I deal with it, because it was all due to the great DEPRESSION you know. As a matter of fact, my daddy would just smile and
say that this "whatever" wouldn't compare to the "real one". Now don't get me wrong....there's a lot of people hurting and being affected...but we're smarter now...given information in leaps and bounds that allows us to make our own evaluations. You're one of those folks...right...you don't let Mr or Ms newscaster , newspaper person, talk show host, movie star or any high profile person determine what you think, do you? You gather information from normal folks, who live and love life, family and country. You're more educated, tech-minded,more attuned to green earth....and after all...I mean
AFTER ALL, you're an AMERICAN and this is the greatest country on earth. Man, let me wipe my eyes and shut up and invite you to our little part of the country in Paint Bank, Virginia...the EPICENTER of family, friends, fun and Mom's Apple Pie....which by the way you can get a piece of at The Swinging Bridge Restaurant. After you eat, walk across the street to The Depot Lodge and say Hey...I'll say Hey back at you...you'll know me, I'm the one with the red white and blue argyle socks and penny loafers on...don't laugh, it's a look I'm hoping will catch on again....you know what's old is new again...

9 days till Spring(Vern's coming)

Labels: