Friday, January 22, 2010

CHEW ON THIS..Oh Snap!

If I owned a chewing gum company, I would have NEVER fallen into the lousy marketing pit that today's "gummers" have done. Let's talk about it...there's too many brands in the first place, and what the hey is up with those flat packs. Guess they think we're so stupid that we couldn't tell the difference...folks, there's the same amount of gum in the old packs as there is in the flat skinny more expensive packs. It wasn't too many years ago...I mean in this decade...that you could get a 25 cent pack of Beechnut, Blackjack, Big Red, Juicy fruit, Clove and a few others. All you had to do was zip the top off and pull out a piece. Now, you have to have a schematic and a pair of needle nose pliers to get a piece out. I want a non-complicated recognizable pack of gum that has my favorite familiar taste that takes me back to my kinder gentler world...that will give me a taste the lasts and a gum that will snap loud enough to be heard in church. It's not even real gum anymore...another gold star for the chemical companies. It's some Frankenstein crap that probably has hallucinogenics and other addictive stuff in it to make us buy more instead of relying on just real good stuff.
Now, I'm going to segway into a commercial...but it's from the heart, so it's not really a commercial. We, the family at Paint Bank, are committed to take everything we can back to basics. We are already growing and butchering locally our own Buffalo and Beef...no recalls here folks. Last year we began purchasing our produce from this valley and this year we're doing the same plus growing a lot of our own. It's a great situation and Oh mama...the taste is the best. Look for greater and grander things this year cause Paint Bank knows what you like and we love you... smooch smooch kiss hug and stuff.
Walk across the street from the general store and say "Hey"...I'll say Hey back at 'cha..you'll know me, I'm the one with the double bubble bubble popped on her face and hair. Hey if you're gonna do it...do it right.
about REAL