Saturday, January 30, 2010

I snow not what I do

I'm not going to complain about the snow...I'm better than that but I will just make one simple statement...it's sucks...I'm done with it. So to save my sanity, I've decided to move on to the Spring Thing. The visions are much more calming and bring a sense of hope to the cockles of my frozen heart. What the hey are cockles anyway???You know what didn't make sense 200 years ago, still doesn't. But you get where I'm coming from. Anywho...thinking about Spring (it arrives in 49 days)
I'm anticipating what we're gonna do in Paint Bank. First of all...we got a Bar-B-Q
house opening with the neatest smoker you've ever seen. Lots of mouth watering things are gonna be added like bar-b-q beef and buffalo briskets...pulled pork bar-b-q and barbecued ribs and chickens. Wipe the drool of you lips and envision all the produce coming from our own garden...fresh maters and taters..green beans,corn and squash....all sorts of goodies...grown and prepared right 'chere.
Next envision a warm sunny day in the back yard of "The Bridge", with all the yard games to play and picnicking by the creek and the ole timey artisans making their crafts and Bluegrass music wafting through the air. My lord..It don't git no better than that. It's just around the corner so till we get there...come set by our great big fireplace and have a cup of homemade hot chocolate of homemade mulled cider and dream along with us. While you're in PAint Bank...walk across the street to the lodge and say hey...I'll say hey back at ya. You'll know me, I'm the little ole lady in polka-dot bikini and goose bumps the size of golf balls. The doctor says they're gonna have to be surgically removed...wonder if insurance will cover that?