Friday, November 11, 2011

Amerchina or Chinamerica

Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes, my year of silence has been broken by a discovery just made. It's Veterans Day and to thank our vets, we got some American flag ribbon pins that say thank you. Now that's nice enough and Lord knows we need to do more to show our appreciation. SO I'm looking the pin over and in closer observation of the pin, I noticed writing on the back. Since it was small print and my arms aren't long enough to focus, I grabbed my trusty magnifier to read what was written. Well Lawdy Miss Claudy...there it was stamped on the back ...IN ENGLISH...Made in China. @#%*%@. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for free enterprise and everything that's for the good a mankind and all that stuff, but give me a sign Tom Dooley...ain't there and American Company that can make American Flag lapel pins? Does the President and Congress and the Senate members pins that are worn so proudly on their lapels read Made in China on the back? Am I the only one that gets @%*%^@ off about this?
That's all I'm going to say about that but if you want to walk across the street to The Depot Lodge and tell me what you think, then go for it. You'll know me...I'm the little ole lady with the handmade in Paint Bank flag pinned to her shirt and the CD of Springsteen blarring out across these Purple Mountain's Majesty "Born in the USA"...hey MAO...whatcha gonna do about it!!!